- Source: BNN Recipe
- Dificulty: 3/5
- Preparation Time: 20mn
- Rest Time: 30mn
- Cooking Time: 10mn
This Macaroni is made form rice flour and potato starch. It's delicious by it's elasticity and softness at the same time.
- 140g rice flour
- 80g potato starch
- 130ml liquid (1 egg white and water)
- 10ml oil
- 4g xanthan gum
- Add rice flour and potato flour into the chamber. Dissolve oil, egg white and water (at the room temperature) together into the liquid.
- Start the machine and then pour the liquid gently into the chamber. Stop the machine at the end of the 3-minute kneading cycle. At this moment, the dough is wet and in big pieces.
- Add xanthan gum and start the second kneading cycle. At the end of is, the dough should be in small pieces like big pieces of crumble
- Let the dough rest for about 30 minutes.
- Start the machine again and let it go for a complete cycle: kneading and extruding.
- If the macaroni is curved and you want it to be straight, press PAUSE, add a tablespoon of water and continue to extrude.
- If the macaroni is straight and you want it to be curved, press PAUSE, add a tablespoon of potato starch. Continue to extrude.
Depending on to the texture of the macaroni, you can add more potato starch / water.
- Add some salt to the water. Add the macaroni when the water boils, wait until the water boils again and wait about 3 – 4 minutes, they should be cooked.
- Drain the macaroni and put them into cold water, to stop the cooking, for a few minutes. Repeat with new fresh water if necessary. Drain them and they are ready to serve.